Tv & Film
Fox NFL Host Curt Menefee Set to Co-Anchor 'Good Day New York'
The announcement comes as Menefee continues his commitment to hosting Fox's NFL pregame program.
Starting January 16, Menefee will embark on this new venture, seamlessly combining his sports expertise with morning news coverage on WNYW channel 5, Fox's New York station. Fox has clarified that during the NFL season, Menefee will be at the 'Good Day New York' helm from Tuesday through Friday, ensuring a harmonious balance with his ongoing NFL studio show commitment.
Curt Menefee's journey in the media industry took off as a sports reporter and anchor at various local TV stations, including WNYW. His association with Fox Sports began in 1997 when he assumed the role of a sideline reporter. Over the years, Menefee has become a familiar face to football enthusiasts, anchoring Fox NFL Sunday with charisma and expertise.
The official announcement of Menefee's new role was made on the NFL pregame show, where he expressed his excitement about this dual responsibility. In a statement, Menefee shared, "I'm beyond thrilled to be returning to Fox 5 as a member of the Good Day New York family, while also continuing my weekly hang with my brothers on Fox NFL Sunday."
He added, "And how cool is it that I get to share this homecoming with the legendary Rosanna Scotto? Way back in the day, my Fox journey began in that same New York studio, sitting beside Rosanna on the 10 O'Clock News. This full-circle moment is a dream come true. There's no place like New York. No place. I can't wait to get back to the energy of the city, the culture, the restaurants, the people, everything that makes it the greatest city in the world."
Curt Menefee's move to 'Good Day New York' aligns with a trend seen among NFL broadcasters who have diversified their portfolios by venturing into more traditional TV news roles. Notably, during a recent Fox NFL Sunday episode, Menefee shared a desk with Michael Strahan, who simultaneously serves as the co-host of ABC's 'Good Morning America.' CBS has also seen former NFL player turned broadcaster Nate Burleson take on the role of co-anchor, while James Brown, another NFL on CBS veteran, serves as a special correspondent and occasional anchor for CBS.
Menefee's dual role is a testament to the evolving landscape of sports broadcasters, showcasing their ability to seamlessly transition between sports analysis and traditional news coverage. As he steps into this new chapter, fans eagerly await Menefee's dynamic presence on both 'Good Day New York' and Fox NFL Sunday.
Watching FOX NFL:
- Television: Most cable and satellite TV providers include FOX in their basic packages.
- Streaming Services: You can stream FOX NFL games (including Thursday Night Football) live through services like YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and fuboTV.
- FOX Sports App: Available on various devices, the FOX Sports app allows you to stream live games and shows if you have a pay-TV subscription with FOX in your lineup.
Terry Bradshaw, Curt Menefee, Howie Long, Michael Strahan, and Jimmy Johnson host FOX NFL Sunday, a pre-game show that airs at 12 PM ET.
For games on your phone, consider:
- NFL App: Official app allows you to watch local and primetime games (requires valid authentication for your TV provider).
- FOX Sports App: As mentioned above, this app lets you stream live games with a valid TV subscription.
- Yahoo Sports App, ESPN App, or CBS Sports App: These apps often offer free highlights and some live games depending on your location and TV provider.
FOX Sports Cost:
The cost of FOX Sports depends on your chosen method:
- Television: Included in most basic cable and satellite packages.
- Streaming Services: Varies depending on the service and package. Expect around $40-$80 per month with access to FOX.
- FOX Sports App: Free to download, but streaming live games requires a valid TV subscription.
For detailed information:
- FOX Sports website: https://www.foxsports.com/
- Your TV provider's website or app: Check which channels and streaming options are included in your plan.
FOX NFL Songs:
- Theme Song: The iconic "FOX NFL Sunday" theme song is "Heavy Action" by Johnny Pearson.
- Other Music: FOX NFL broadcasts often feature a mix of classic rock, country, and hip-hop tracks.
FOX NFL Pregame:
- Show: "FOX NFL Sunday" is the network's flagship pregame show, airing Sundays at 12 PM ET.
- Hosts: Currently hosted by Terry Bradshaw, Curt Menefee, Howie Long, Michael Strahan, and Jimmy Johnson.
- Features: Includes highlights, analysis, predictions, interviews, and special segments.
- Website: https://www.foxsports.com/: https://www.foxsports.com/ offers news, scores, schedules, and streaming access.
- App: FOX Sports app for mobile devices and streaming platforms provides live games and shows with a valid TV subscription.
FOX NFL Streaming:
- Options: Stream FOX NFL games live through cable/satellite providers, streaming services like YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, and fuboTV, or the FOX Sports app.
FOX NFL Scores:
- Website: Check scores and schedules on the FOX Sports website.
- App: Get real-time scores and updates on the FOX Sports app.
FOX NFL Sunday Schedule:
- Airs: Sundays at 12 PM ET, followed by regional NFL games.
- Content: Pregame analysis, highlights, predictions, interviews, and special segments.
Channel for FOX NFL Sunday:
- Traditional TV: FOX channel (check your local listings for the exact channel number).
- Streaming: Available on FOX Sports app and streaming services that carry FOX.
- FOX NFL Thursday: FOX also broadcasts Thursday Night Football games.
- FOX Deportes: Spanish-language broadcasts of NFL games are available on FOX Deportes.