Exploding Popularity of ChatGPT: Discover the Best Alternatives
This chatbot, based on OpenAI's GPT-3 language model, allows users to engage in conversations with AI by entering prompts. However, the excitement reached new heights with the recent launch of GPT-4, which empowers the bot with even more capabilities. Additionally, users can now explore ChatGPT plugins, further enhancing their experience. Unfortunately, this surge in popularity has also led to overloaded servers, causing users to experience difficulty accessing this incredibly useful and intriguing AI bot. If you find yourself unable to use ChatGPT, we've prepared a comprehensive guide to help you troubleshoot and fix any issues with ChatGPT not working.
Alternatively, if you're looking to explore other similar services that offer a ChatGPT-like experience or if you're simply tired of the best ChatGPT plugins, you've come to the right place. In this guide, we've compiled a list of diverse ChatGPT alternatives that you should consider trying out. So, without further ado, open additional tabs on your browser, and let's embark on conversations with some remarkable AI bots.
I had various conversations with this chatbot, and it held its own without sounding confused. Perplexity even offers a GPT-4 powered co-pilot mode that responds with clarifying questions, helping narrow down the search. The website also features a convenient dark mode.
The best part about Perplexity AI is that it is completely free to use and doesn't require an account. So go ahead and have a chat with this ChatGPT-like tool while exploring its citations. Give it a try!
During my time with Jasper Chat, I found it to be a reliable chat companion. I asked the chatbot various riddles, had it write video scripts, tell jokes, tongue twisters, and even tried out a couple of ad copies, all of which it handled well. Jasper Chat has contextual memory, so it remembers your previous prompts. However, it's important to note that Jasper explicitly states it is not a research engine, and all outputs should be fact-checked.
Jasper Chat itself is free to use, but to access all features, you'll need to subscribe to Jasper's Boss or Business plan, which starts at $59 per month. While it may not be the cheapest option, it provides access to all of Jasper's services. Give the 5-day trial a shot to see if it fits your needs.
- Chatsonic Chatsonic is one of the newest and most expansive ChatGPT alternatives that has garnered attention recently. Built on top of ChatGPT, Chatsonic inherits its vast potential. However, this AI chatbot goes a step further by allowing access to the internet, which is a capability that ChatGPT does not possess. By utilizing internet results, Chatsonic can provide accurate information, making it less prone to errors. The chatbot also remembers conversations and utilizes them to maintain context. Additionally, Chatsonic offers 16 different personas, ranging from an accountant to a poet, allowing users to engage in conversations with different characters.
Unlike ChatGPT, you can even use your microphone to interact with Chatsonic, similar to Google Assistant and Siri, and it can respond back in voice if desired. After concluding a conversation, you can choose to share the replies through links or Word/PDF documents. In my experience, ChatSonic performed admirably, and I found that it presented information better than ChatGPT due to its access to the internet and up-to-date information.
While Chatsonic is not free, it provides 25 free generations every day, and beyond that, you can utilize your Writesonic word balance to generate more interactions. If you require more, consider the long-form plan, which starts as low as $12.67 per month. Moreover, you can access this impressive ChatGPT alternative using its browser extension and Android app.
- Pi, Your Personal AI Among all the ChatGPT alternatives, Pi stands out as a unique experience. Pi is designed as a supportive and intelligent AI, providing users with a different kind of chatbot. Instead of full-blown chats, conversations on Pi occur dialogue by dialogue. What makes it even more interesting is that Pi is one of the few assistants that talk back. The website offers four different voices to choose from, each one remarkably realistic and oddly comforting.
Pi initiates the conversation and diligently incorporates every message you send. With a therapist-like approach, this ChatGPT alternative aims to inquire and provide comfort to the user. However, extended conversations with Pi can become tedious. Despite that, Pi is one of the best ChatGPT alternatives available. Keep in mind that signing up requires an account and a working phone number, which may be a downside for some users. Nonetheless, give it a try.
- GitHub Copilot X Tools like ChatGPT are not limited to students. GitHub Copilot X is the company's solution for programmers who find themselves at a loss. Copilot goes beyond simple auto-completion and suggests and completes code snippets and entire functions in real-time. Consider Copilot X your helper to overcome programmer's block.
GitHub has also introduced chat and voice capabilities for Copilot, providing users with a ChatGPT-like experience. With GitHub Copilot Voice, developers can verbally provide natural language prompts, and Copilot X will suggest code improvements in real-time. Copilot X can also handle AI-powered tag requests and provide in-depth analysis and explanations of code blocks using the power of GPT-4. It supports pull requests, answers questions on documentation, and offers a personalized developer experience. Copilot is priced at $10 per month for individuals and $19 per user per month for businesses.
- Amazon Codewhisperer GitHub isn't the only company assisting programmers. Amazon has developed its own AI-based solution called "Amazon Codewhisperer." This AI-driven software development tool operates by taking user feedback through comments and providing recommendations to improve code. Codewhisperer generates these recommendations within an integrated development environment (IDE).
Furthermore, Codewhisperer, despite being an Amazon service, can be used independently, allowing users to leverage the tool without relying on Amazon Web Services. Currently, Codewhisperer is free to use during its preview period. Give this ChatGPT coding alternative a try and let us know your thoughts.
- DialoGPT Although Microsoft's DialoGPT has been surpassed by GODEL AI, it remains a free and fun AI to interact with. Dialo has been trained on 147 million multi-turn dialogues from Reddit, giving it a modest dataset. It supports multi-turn responses, which means it remembers your previous replies. Setting up DialoGPT yourself can be complicated, but you can use HuggingFace's inference API to try it out. The AI has a list of prompts you can experiment with, or you can create your own and have Dialo answer your queries.
DialoGPT's responses are decent overall. However, due to its cheerful nature, it can easily get confused. For instance, when asked about a traumatic event, the AI responded that it doesn't know about it but believes it is important to be happy. While it may not be the most reliable chatbot, DialoGPT offers a unique experience and is a worthy ChatGPT alternative to explore.
- OpenAI Codex Last but not least, we have OpenAI Codex, the sibling of ChatGPT designed explicitly for coding. Codex is a powerful language model trained to understand and generate code in a variety of programming languages. While it may not provide the conversational experience of ChatGPT, it excels at generating code snippets based on natural language prompts.
OpenAI Codex can be accessed through various platforms, including GitHub Copilot, as mentioned earlier. It allows developers to write code faster and more efficiently by providing intelligent code completions, generating code from natural language descriptions, and even assisting with debugging and refactoring tasks.
Although Codex is primarily focused on coding, it can also handle general language tasks to some extent. It can answer questions, provide explanations, and generate short passages of text. While not as conversational as ChatGPT, it's a valuable tool for developers looking for AI assistance with coding tasks.
These are just a few examples of ChatGPT alternatives that provide similar or specialized AI-driven capabilities. Each alternative has its own unique features and applications, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs and preferences. Give them a try, and let the AI conversations begin!
Jasper Chat Jasper has been a prominent player in AI content generation for some time now and has gained popularity among users. In addition to its content generation features and other services, Jasper also offers a relatively new chatbot named Jasper Chat. This ChatGPT alternative is based on GPT 3.5, among other language models, and is partnered with OpenAI. Although built primarily for businesses in advertising, marketing, and related fields, Jasper Chat can easily be used by anyone seeking an AI chatbot similar to ChatGPT. According to the company, Jasper Chat has learned from billions of articles and other information pieces up until mid-2021 in 29 languages. While it may not include the most recent information, it is capable of engaging in medium to complex conversations. The website also provides a convenient toggle to include Google search data, enhancing its capabilities.
Google Bard AI Ever since ChatGPT gained popularity, users have been curious about Google's offering. Although the company had concerns regarding potential misuse of its chatbot AI, Google recently unveiled Google Bard. Bard is an experimental conversational AI service powered by Google's latest PaLM 2 LLM, their own next-generation language and conversational model. Initially limited to a select few, Google Bard is now accessible to all users without any delay. Moreover, Google is introducing generative AI to search, which will be a game-changer. Soon, you will find quick answers to your questions at the top of search results. We pitted Google Bard against ChatGPT and Microsoft Bing Chat in a battle, and the results were fascinating. Bard's performance varied from expectations, and you can explore the comparisons to determine if this ChatGPT alternative suits your needs.
Perplexity AI Perplexity AI is another ChatGPT alternative trained on OpenAI's API, delivering impressive responses and interactions. The website offers a minimalist and user-friendly interface. This tool provides ChatGPT-like functionality, allowing users to engage in conversations and receive simple to nuanced responses. However, what sets Perplexity apart is its commitment to citing sources while answering queries. Whenever asked a question, the AI cites the source at the end of each sentence, drawing from reputable sources like Wikipedia. During my usage of the AI, I scrutinized the sources to check for copy-pasting and found none. It's reassuring to see that Perplexity AI performs due diligence in providing accurate and reliable information.
Microsoft Bing One of the top ChatGPT alternatives available right now is Microsoft Bing AI. This revamped search engine is powered by an upgraded model of ChatGPT, initially referred to as the new "Prometheus model" but later confirmed to be GPT-4. The new Bing incorporates a Chat mode that integrates web queries and enables users to seek contextual information based on their queries. The AI bot cum search engine has recently received a host of new features, including enhanced visual answers, improved accuracy, and the Bing Image Creator. Bing allows users to plan trips, access recipes, seek advice, and much more, just like ChatGPT. While initially available through a waitlist, this fantastic ChatGPT alternative is now accessible to everyone.