Celebrities

Kaley Cuoco's Dog King Nearly Died After Foxtail Penetrated His Heart

Kaley Cuoco's Dog King Nearly Died After Foxtail Penetrated His Heart
Published 12 months ago on Jul 18, 2023

Foxtails are a type of grass that can become embedded in a dog's skin, causing serious infections. They are especially dangerous in the summer months when they are dry and brittle.

In her Instagram Story, Cuoco said that King had been "violently ill" for two months before she was finally able to get him to a specialist who could diagnose the problem. The specialist found two foxtails that had migrated into King's body, and he had to undergo surgery to remove them.

Foxtails can be fatal for dogs, and Cuoco is urging other dog owners to be aware of the dangers and to take steps to protect their pets. She recommends keeping your dog away from areas where foxtails are common, and to brush your dog's fur regularly to check for foxtails.

If you think your dog may have a foxtail, it is important to see a veterinarian immediately. Foxtails can cause serious infections, and they can even be fatal if they are not removed.

Here are some tips to help keep your dog safe from foxtails:

  • Avoid walking your dog in areas where foxtails are common.
  • Keep your dog's fur trimmed short.
  • Brush your dog's fur regularly.
  • Check your dog's paws and ears for foxtails after every walk.
  • If you find a foxtail on your dog, do not try to remove it yourself. Take your dog to the veterinarian immediately.

By following these tips, you can help keep your dog safe from the dangers of foxtails.

Comments

  • Written news comments are in no way https://www.showbizglow.com it does not reflect the opinions and thoughts of. Comments are binding on the person who wrote them.