Max Verstappen's US Grand Prix Win Leaves Model Girlfriend Unimpressed Amidst Boos
Max Verstappen's latest victory at the US Grand Prix, where he clinched his 50th Formula One career win, came with a tinge of controversy as American fans booed the reigning world champion during the podium celebrations. His Brazilian model girlfriend, Kelly Piquet, appeared unimpressed as the boos reverberated through the crowd in Austin, Texas.
Verstappen's remarkable feat in Austin marked his 15th race win in 18 attempts, solidifying his dominance in the sport. He outpaced Lewis Hamilton and Lando Norris to secure the top spot at the chequered flag.
While Verstappen's accomplishments on the track are unquestionable, his on-track aggression, fierce rivalry with Hamilton, relationship with teammate Sergio Perez, and sheer dominance have made him a polarizing figure among Formula One fans in recent years.
As he proudly kissed the trophy and raised it high, the Dutchman faced a chorus of boos and jeers from the crowd during the Dutch national anthem. Some fans even chanted 'Checo' in support of Perez, Verstappen's Red Bull teammate.
In a video shared on social media, Kelly Piquet was seen holding up her mobile phone to capture the moment but wore a puzzled and unimpressed expression as the boos continued.
When asked about the booing, Verstappen nonchalantly responded, "No, no. In the end, I'm the one who takes the silverware home, so all fine by me."
Hamilton, who had been in contention for his first Grand Prix win in 686 days, initially attributed his second-place finish to Mercedes' strategy. However, his hopes were dashed hours later when he was disqualified for running an illegal floor. This turn of events elevated Verstappen's victory, solidifying his position as a formidable force in Formula One.
Notably, it wasn't just Hamilton who faced disqualification; Ferrari's Charles Leclerc, who had finished sixth, was also expelled for the same infringement by the stewards in Austin, further highlighting the rigor of the sport's regulations.
Max Verstappen Kelly Piquet: Kelly Piquet's name has been associated with Max Verstappen, the Dutch Formula One driver, in the past.
Kelly Piquet Daniil Kvyat Split: Kelly Piquet was previously in a relationship with Daniil Kvyat, a Russian Formula One driver. They had a daughter together. However, their relationship ended, and as of my last update, it was not clear if they were still together or separated.
Kelly Piquet Ex: While Kelly Piquet has been in the public eye primarily for her relationships with Formula One drivers, it's essential to note that her relationship status may have evolved since my last updat in September 2021.
Kelly Piquet Instagram: Kelly Piquet is active on Instagram under the handle @kellypiquet. Her Instagram account offers insights into her personal life, travels, and her perspective as a mother and motorsport enthusiast.
Kelly Piquet Daniel Ricciardo: Kelly Piquet and Daniel Ricciardo, an Australian Formula One driver, were in a relationship and are the parents of their daughter, Bruna. However, as of my last updat in September 2021, it's not clear if they are still together.
Kelly Piquet Father: Kelly Piquet's father is Nelson Piquet, a Brazilian former Formula One racing driver who won the Formula One World Championship three times in the 1980s. He is a highly acclaimed figure in motorsport history.
Kelly Piquet Daughter: Kelly Piquet has a daughter named Bruna, born in 2019. Bruna's father is Daniel Ricciardo, an Australian Formula One driver.
Kelly Piquet Age: Kelly Piquet was born on July 7, 1988. As of October 2023, she is 35 years old.
- Net worth: $210 million (2023)
- Age: 25 (born September 30, 1997)
- Salary: $60 million (2023)
- Wins: 45 (as of August 4, 2023)
- Car: Red Bull RB19
- Song: "Max 33 (Verstappen Anthem)" by DJ Tiësto
- Championship: 2x Formula One World Champion (2021, 2022)
- Father: Jos Verstappen
- Max Verstappen is a Dutch-Belgian racing driver who currently competes in Formula One for Red Bull Racing. He is the son of former Formula One driver Jos Verstappen.
- Verstappen made his Formula One debut in 2015 at the age of 17, becoming the youngest driver to ever start a Formula One race. He won his first race in 2016 at the Spanish Grand Prix, becoming the youngest driver to ever win a Formula One race.
- Verstappen is one of the most successful drivers in Formula One history. He has two Formula One World Championships, 45 race wins, and 77 podium finishes. He is also the youngest driver to win a Formula One World Championship, and the youngest driver to win a Formula One race.
- Verstappen is known for his aggressive driving style and his ability to overtake on the track. He is also known for his dedication to his sport and his willingness to push himself to the limit.